Baby @ Home

We come across many changes in our life. From bachelorhood to getting married, school to college, college to job etc. None of these changes can resonate at the frequency of the current change which I and Swati are going through. Change of having a baby ( Adya) in our home. She is just an infant and she made us realize that life is not always bed of roses. While making us realize this she smiles and grins.

Anyways, we were blessed with Adya on 25th September 2009. She was pretty healthy and cute when I first saw her. That time I didnt realize about the kind of changes we will have to accept. Swati bore all the brunt of delivering her. That day I realized the power of woman. Anyways, after a week's time, we welcomed Adya to our home from hospital. Story starts now...


Initial 2 months were passed like a whisker when she was a real infant. Not able to gaze at you, feel you etc etc. but after that entire schedule has to be re-designed for our survival. We should be done with the breakfast ( ofcourse at the mercy of Adya) within an hour of 6-7 AM coz its her play time. She feels good in her play area. After that she starts crying ( yes she now cries) cries for attention. By this she wants to convey a message: Dont take me for granted. If I am playing you guys are enjoying more. She then gets her mother attention and I leave for office. She then tests her mommy's endurance in all ways. Mommy would try to make her sleep by keeping baby
in her lap and when she starts feeling drowsy, mommy would think of shifting her to crib. Dare you. Adya makes a noise ;;"aaa aaa"..dont do that. I love your lap. This is repeated several times. After few attempts, if she sleeps Swati pats her back that she made Adya sleep. My take' Swati its not your achievement. Its not you who made her sleep, its when Adya wished to sleep then she slept. ( Mercy God : Adya)

At 12 when I am back from office for lunch, I see that Adya is sleeping. Swati rushes to kitchen to give me lunch. I say Darling ! Lets have our lunch together. She smiles and replies :forget about having together, even if you can have your lunch fully it would be a great achievement. Yes. She is right. Right between my lunch Adya coos and cries mildly in her crib..Swati rushes to pacify her but of no vain by that time, Adya is all awake as if she is saying " Hi Mommy,How you guys can take lunch when I am here?".


Anyways, afternoon is the time when both mommy and Adya enjoy(Provided Adya doesnt plan a afternoon poop) I leave for office at 1 Pm and then these 2 people would play, dance and then sleep. At around 6 Pm, when i come back from office, I try to play with Adya and Swati rushes to kitchen for some snacks. Fortunately, Adya allows us to have that together. Thanks Adya. After that, she goes to sleep. Sleeps till 8 and then she is all awake. Now I make her watch the News and she enjoys my belly while SWati prepares her dinner. BY 9, its sleep time of Adya. Now mommy would try to make her sleep so as to have a peaceful dinner. And I get busy with my laptop and emails. By 9:25, SWati comes to me -super excited, pumping fists and all but all "MUTED". I enquire what happened -ofcourse by ths time I am also mute. She confirms that ADya is sleeping. I congratulate her. By that very moment, She would hear Adya cooing and making sme noise on her bed. I take back my congratulations. Momy runs again and comes back with success tag and again runs back. After 3-4 such cycles, we enjoy our dinner by 10:30 Pm ( Planned at 9:30 Pm, just 1 hour late, no issue , its commendable). After our dinner we have rush to wash basin like a thief as we are not supposed to make any noise. If bathroom door is closed avoid un-bolting the door wait for few minutes and control else head towards other bathroom. This is just to avoid any noise to disturb our baby God.


Night is all Adya and mommy affair. They both enjoy each other company. For few minutes I get my wife back and next moment Adya pulls her. Anyways, I pacify myself now, its better to
have peaceful sleep rather than expecting anything more than that. I have become quite satisfying now ;)


Anyways, after marital bliss its time to enjoy parental bliss. I think this and smile and go to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Mechanical Engineering

ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

NanoComposites in Tennis Balls