A day before UPSC-Engineering Services Exam

One of the toughest day- if I can recall. IES exam is spread on three days -Friday, Saturday & Sunday to test your abilities through 5 papers- GAT, Paper-I (Obj), Paper-II (Obj), Conventional Paper-I, Conventional Paper-II. Torture continues till Sunday !

When I concluded my preparations, I had no idea whether I would be able to make it to the elite list of IES qualifiers. But to some extent I was satisfied with my performance, this I thought made me comfortable. Never ever think of end results- just have faith in you and your capabilities which you have build through the preparations in the last 6-7 months or so. 

During the preparations I had prepared two small notebooks in which I used to write important concepts and formula to revise them frequently. But before exam day when you have to solve Conventional Papers that too in Mechanical Engineering that too for Engineering Services- everything seems inadequate and so was my note book. I read it, re-read it and kept it aside and started thinking of how to consolidate my thinking process and how to manage my time well during the exam. 

A day before exam you cant do more than this. We can just calm our soul to perform. But in an competitive scenario even a topper (like me) is not sure of his performance. I simply revised my notes whatever I could, and then thought of reading the inspirational and motivational stories through internet and blogs. I always used to motivate myself by reading blogs and success stories of past IES toppers, that is why I have started writing my personalized experiences for future IES aspirants.

Examination begins with GAT on first day -hence load was not much but vastness of General Studies always affects the confidence since I never prepared for Civil Services because for me- remaining in Technical Services of the same level appealed more rather than doing something not of my area. However, as I was comfortable with General English and Vocabulary part -my stress for GAT was relatively less. 

Bottom line is -never leave anything to study till the exam day. Optimally your preparations, your test series etc -should finish a week before the exam. Nothing should be tested in those last days and one should avoid discussions with so called bright well prepared candidates who would do nothing good to you but there is chance that you may get disappointed of not knowing something just before the exam !

So just chill and relax, listen to music, spend time with your loved ones and crack the exam. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Mechanical Engineering

ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

NanoComposites in Tennis Balls