Campus placement -Mad Rush

In some of my previous blogs, I had mentioned about not getting selected in Tata motors. I can recall that moment I realized this I lost my sense for a while.  I couldnot stop being extremely sad. My friends-Jayant(J)& Ajay(A)  supported me (I) & Madan(M). Out of V4, only A & J were through and I & M were still jobless !

We were group of 4 incidently top 4 of the Institute ! I can recall J literally asking me to forget eveything ,even the fact that A & him are got selected. A added that you & M are surely going to get selected in the next company -that was TCS !

I can recollect dialogue from movie 3 Idiots on human psychology which is apt here - " jab dost first aata hain toa jyada dukh hota hain".

"Job-Full" guys promised not to have any celebrations unless rest 2 get through. I & M started preparing. TCS was all about Vocab and simple Maths. We were comfortable with that. Actually we were not comfortable with the computer programning languages, C , Data Structures etc. Precisely we were afraid of interviews involving all these stuff rather than Mechanical Engineering. J came in handy and helped both of us in making us comfortable with the computers and the world of softwares.

D day came and we 4 were together as if we all have to appear for the TCS test. I & M alongwith other jobless "would be" engineers entered the computer centre for TCS written test and J & A waited outside equally anxious ! An hour later we came out happy as we had cracked it ! What next-by afternoon list of students who cleared the written part was pasted on the notice board. We rushed in to check and A confirmed that  I & M are through.

We got geared up for interview and to the best of my memory both interviews were cleared by 9PM ! We were walking in the corridors-restless, waiting for the final list. At around 10PM , it was chilly December 2003 night,  results came out and bingo we made it ! Jubiliant and extremely happy..We all said in unision -Yes we have done it !

It was the most happiest moment on the campus. It was a great feeling to get a job in the 7th semester itself of the Engineering. I was very happy. M & I hugged each other-we were TCS pair then J&A hugged as TML pair and then we all four hugged together for the success and then it was party time !!!

Later on my success bag opened up and I literally got selected in all  exams & jobs I laid my hands on. I got through GATE (99.74%ile), DRDO, L&T (Top 15), ISRO & IIMA (shorlisted for FPM). Then I realized, its  its really tough to face a single failure !

Today none of us are in the same company/job which campus placements gifted us. J & A joined TML later to quit it to become Consultant@ Accenture-Australia & Quality Chief @ Honda respectively. Madan shifted to Canada as Sr App Developer @ Bank of Montreal and I didnt even join TCS and headed towards IIT-Bombay for my MTech-thanks to my GATE score. But  later I quit my MTech and joined BHEL as Engineer.

As young engineering students we dont forsee future events, we just live in present. We take success and failures too seriously. Having good friends is a bliss and I have realized that bliss ! As Engineering students, we should not take campus placements as end of world of opportunity. Always believe in yourself and your skills.

Comments

Aweomse and True !!!

In Nutshell we doesn't have much in our hands except "Experiencing the moments" which form our memories...our life....

Kudos to our "Friendship" which is as vivid as your post...

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Mechanical Engineering

ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

NanoComposites in Tennis Balls