Memories of Pain

Our country is blessed with immense beauty. Nature freak guys pack their bags and move out to explore unexplored natural beauty hidden in jungles, mountains and the like. They are moved by the astonishing beauty of ice-laden mountain peaks, captivating views of cute animals fiddling & pirouetting, amazing silhouette of trees growing naturally around river valleys, lilting music generated by ever flowing rivers and the like. Their endless urge of exploring the unexplored vistas propels them to the exotic locations, which are aplenty in our country. Well I am not this kind of freak traveler, I have hardly traveled this much but I feel I have spark somewhere hidden deep inside my heart.

I kept myself busy for almost 22 years at one place completing all basic formalities of school, college, I hardly had any time and resources of my own to involve in these kinds of activities, nor my father allowed me doing all this, being a strict academician he always insisted me to focus on my studies. After completing my graduation, I moved out of my place to lead an independent life. With God’s grace, I got a rewarding job, fat paychecks ensured me a decent living standard. During first year of my job, I got an exciting opportunity to travel all the way to south to Tamil Nadu. I had a stay of around 3 months there. I planned a trip to Kodaicanal, Madurai, Kanyakumari, Rameshwaram and Trivandrum. It was a 3-4 day trip with my friends. We started at around 3 AM in our private Toyota Qualis, thanks to M/s Raja Tours n Travels, I remember, how difficult it was to negotiate with a Tamil guy who had little smattering of Hindi language. Journey started with high energy songs, freaky activities but all settled soon and all of my friends were snoring after about half an hour. I was on the front seat, busy enjoying the boundless greenery of Tropical Rain Forests, roads were new, never trudged by me before, my car was cruising on the highway at 90 MPH, Tamil songs (which were hardly making any sense to me) were adding flavor to my high level excitement. We reached Kanyakumari at around 5:30 AM.

It took me couple of minutes to accept that I have reached the tip of our Indian mainland, few yards way from me, was endless Indian ocean kissing the feet of our mother-land. High-energy roaring waves were hitting the shore generating noise, which was so good to feel. After waiting for few minutes, I got an opportunity to watch dawn unfolding in front of my eyes at one end of the ocean. After enjoying sunrise, we checked in to a hotel, we got freshened up and moved out to visit Vivekananda rock. One not so big ship ferried us to the rock. It was a nice place. I took some great shots from my camera. In next few days, we visited Trivandrum, Madurai, Rameshwaram and other places and came back to Tiruccchirapalli, where we were undergoing our training.

Few weeks after, on 26th December 2004, one deadly incident rocked all my memories. We got news of deadly Tsunami, which exterminated entire southern coast of our country. Hundreds died so many rendered homeless. Being very close to southern coast those days, I felt the entire incident with my heart. I had never ever thought and felt even in my remotest nightmares that nature will show its ugly face this way, that too during my first ever visit to that place. Today, when our world is turning more violent, countries are bracing themselves with nuclear weapons to stave off any disturbance in their own area. Doing so, they think that they are insulating themsleves against all potential threats. They have ignored potential threat from nature itself. Is it possible to make any weapon to fight against most powerful and all pervasive nature? Of course not. Our life is so uncertain, times are turbulent, no one knows when nature will engulf the entire humanity in one go leading to perdition. Time is less, we all should strive our best to live amicably, we all are humans, just compartmentalized into different continents and countries. All boundaries are man-made. If we observe closely, we all are one – all humans, all brothers, all-alike. Against whom we are fighting and for what? For what we are bracing ourselves with nuclear weapons? Is it worth diverting beneficial nuclear technology towards developing most deadly nuclear bombs? Two such nuclear bombs namely Little Boy & Fat Man- destroyed Hiroshima & Nagasaki respectively way back in the year 1945, during World War II as a part of Axis Powers alliance directed against Empire of Japan. They have not yet recovered. Their wounds are still fresh.

Are we preparing for World Nuclear War-I like World War I & II?

Look at these pictures below-
Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombing Smoke Mushroom- Around 2 lakhs people died and most of them were civilians




At this outset it behooves me to quote potent lines of Devara Dassimaya (10th Century Saint and Poet) which are worth contemplating-

“ for what shall I wield a dagger O Lord?
what can I pluck it out of?
or plunge it into
when you are all the world?"


----Let Peace Prevail on our Planet Earth----


Well, hope you have enjoyed reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it.




Also View My : Technorati Profile

Comments

NICKITA said…
this blog is superb, my fav of all..keep writing!! u r getting better and better man!

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Mechanical Engineering

ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

NanoComposites in Tennis Balls